Myopia management starts one day at a time.
The cornerstone of a comprehensive myopia management approach, MiSight® 1 day is a daily wear, single-use contact lens that has been clinically proven and FDA-approved to slow the progression of myopia (nearsightedness) when initially prescribed for children 8-12 years old.
AT A GLANCE
- Suitable for children as young as 8
- Easy for children to wear and handle
- Corrects your child’s distance vision
- Helps slow the progression of myopia (gradual prescription changes)
We are happy to inform you that we are certified providers in CooperVision’s Brilliant Futures™ Myopia Management Program. The cornerstone of this comprehensive approach to myopia management in pediatric patients is the MiSight® 1 day contact lens – the first and only contact lens approved by the FDA to slow myopia progression in children, aged 8-12 at the initiation of treatment.(1)
The correlation between increasing myopia and potentially vision-threatening complications later in life is well established and is a growing concern for both eye care practitioners and parents worldwide.(2) Here in the United States, the rate of myopia occurrence has increased from 25% to 42% over the last two generations.(3) This is due to a combination of genetic and lifestyle factors.
MiSight® 1 day contact lenses have been shown in a multi-year clinical trial to reduce the average rate of progression of myopia by 59%, which means that the relative risk of a myopia-associated pathology can be significantly reduced.(4) This convenient, daily disposable contact lens is well-accepted by children and does not affect their daily activities. It is designed to be worn for ten or more hours per day, six or more days per week to get the maximum treatment effect.
We are very excited to offer the Brilliant Futures™ Myopia Management Program to our patients and we hope that you will join us in our efforts to combat pediatric myopia for a brighter tomorrow. If you would like any further information on managing myopia in children, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me
Aspire Vision Care
*Indications for use: MiSight® 1 day (omafilcon A) soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses for daily wear are indicated for the correction of myopic ametropia and for slowing the progression of myopia in children with nondiseased eyes, who at the initiation of treatment are 8-12 years of age and have a refraction of -0.75 to -4.00 diopters (spherical equivalent) with ≤ 0.75 diopters of astigmatism. The lens is to be discarded after each removal.
- Compared to a single vision 1-day lens over a 3 year period. Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-year randomized clinical trial of MiSight® lenses for myopia control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019; 96(8):556-567.
- Flitcroft DI. The complex interactions of retinal, optical, and environmental factors in myopia aetiology. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2012; 31:622-60.
- Vitale S, Sperduto RD, Ferris FL. Increased Prevalence of Myopia in the United States Between 1971-1972 and 1999-2004. Arch Ophthalmol. 2009;127(12):1632–1639. doi:10.1001/archophthalmol.2009.303
- Tideman JWL, Snabel MCC, Tedja MS, et al. Association of Axial Length with Risk of Uncorrectable Visual Impairment for Europeans With Myopia. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2016;134(12):1355–1363. ©2020
CooperVision. 9120 03/20